An fun activity to get students out into their school community having fun
Minimum # of people:
20 – 30 minutes
- Copies of the scavenger hunt list
- Students are broken up into teams or pairs
- Each group/pair is given a copy of the scavenger hunt list along with a pencil
- the groups/pairs are sent out into the school or community for 20-30 minutes. *this will depend on the length of your scavenger hunt list
- as groups or pairs come back, check that they’ve answered all of the questions on the sheet
Example Questions for a Scavenger Hunt:
- Find a piece of garbage –
- Find something red – what is it? _________________________________. Find out what each other’s favourite colour is?
- Find a blue car – write down the licence plate number ________________
- Find a person that you know – who is not an Amigo – What is your friend’s name? _________________ Introduce them to your Amigo.
- Find out about one club, music or sporting team and when and where they meet. Write it down ___________________________________. Is there a club or activity that you would like to join?
- Find a piece of art somewhere in the school? Do you like it or not? Do you like to be creative and make things/draw? Go to the Library and find a novel. What is your and your partners favourite book?
- Find a friend that your partner doesn’t know. Introduce them to him/her. What is his/her name?
- Find the Cafeteria special – what is it? ______________________________ Find out each other’s favourite food? __________________________
- Find the computer lab. Do you like computer games? What is your favourite computer game?