Making rain is a creative game of sound without words for a large group. It is also useful to refocus a group or to end a session.
Minimum # of people:
No materials necessary
- Participants sit in a line facing a leader (may form more than one line (i.e. 2 lines of 10 if there are 20 participants).
- The leader starts the motion at one end of the line and participants only make the motion when the leader is in front of them
- The leader moves from one end of the line to the other and back with each motion
- The motions are
- Rubbing palms together (rising wind)
- Snapping fingers (first drops of rain)
- Pat hands on thighs (harder rain)
- Pat hands on thighs and stomp feet on floor simultaneously (adding thunder to rain)
- Pat hand on thighs (thunder moves on)
- Snap fingers (rain is stopping)
- Rub palms tighter (wind moving on)
- Put hands at your side (storm moves on)