Minimum # of people:
A minimum of 4 people
5-10 minutes depending on how many people.
A box of Smarties or package of Skittles or other multi-coloured candies. Enough for each person to have approximately 5 pieces each.
Share interests with others in the group.
- Sit in a circle, either on the floor or around a table.
- Pass around a bowl of candies and instruct each person to take 5 (you can change this number if you like), but DO NOT eat them yet.
- On a piece of paper, or if you can remember you can just tell people, let them know that each colour of candy represents a different interest or question (examples below, you can change to suit your group).
- Red = Favourite hobbies
- Green = What do you like to do in your free time?
- Blue = Favourite food or music band
- Yellow = Favourite sport
- Orange = Wild card – share anything you like about yourself
- Take turns going around the circle and introduce yourself, starting with your name, followed by answering the questions that match the coloured candy you chose.
*For students that may have difficulty communicating their interests on their own, send home a note to parents/guardians or teachers, a few days in advance, and ask them to either write down the student’s interests – favourite hobbies, music etc. or send in pictures that help to illustrate their interests. This will help them to participate more fully.